Friday, December 08, 2006

You Know You've Outstayed Your Welcome When...

So, how long have I been here in the U.S.? Well, I first moved to Richmond, Virginia in April of 1996. Then I moved to Denver at the end of January 1998. And then on to Castle Rock in September 2002. So, I suppose it had to happen sooner or later. It happened yesterday.

In the mail, along with my usual plethora of flyers like REI and MacMall and such, I received a notice from the Douglas County Combined Court. That's right: My first jury summons! On Friday, January 12th, I will have to report for jury duty.

But it should be a real short visit. How can I be so sure? Well, I have to complete a questionnaire to determine if there's some reason I should be disqualified. (Please refrain from any comments from the peanut gallery). And I satisfy the very first statement: "I am not a citizen of the United States."

Perhaps someday (with the help of my Sunshine). But not on January 12th, 2007...

No comments: